BEFORE YOU APPLY
- We only issue permits for residents of our fire district and primary service area. If you are unsure if you're in our district or our primary service area, please contact Jason Todd using the contact information shown on the page.
- If you are NOT in either, please obtain your permit from https://my.azdeq.gov/open-burn/openburn/landing. Answer the questions until you're asked if you're in one of the specified Fire Jurisdictions. Answer "NO" to continue the application process through ADEQ.
- Permits are issued under authority from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
- THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT AND A MATTER OF PUBLIC RECORD.
- This will be MUCH easier on a smartphone or tablet.
- DRAW a map showing the location of your burn in relation to structures, utility lines, trees, et cetera AND the distance to them. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD THE MAP. Please be sure it's in JPG or PNG format.
- CAMP FIRES do NOT require a permit.
- BON FIRES DO require a permit.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for processing.
- When your permit is issued, you will find it in your spam folder. If it's still not there after 24 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UNTREATED LUMBER means NO manufactured, painted, stained, varnished or water/bug proofed wood!
By clicking "Submit", you will be sent to another site to complete your application.
From there you will confirm that you're the legal owner of the property, that you've read all requirements and restrictions and will also upload the map of your burn location and sign the application.